Monday, September 03, 2012

Stunner! Florida Escape tour shirt finally found - Collection is complete




Here it is. Possibly rarer than the rarest of Journey shirts. I saw the Lakeland Civic Center shirt from 1981 only once before in a lot of shirts on eBay back in the early 2000s. Didn't buy them all then as the price was high and I figured it would come up again soon. Well, its been over 10 years since another showed up - I couldn't believe it when I saw it. Seemed unreal. Unfathomable even. I doublechecked it real fast to make sure it wasnt a fake or anything, and hit the Buy it Now button for $87. Listing said it was from a record exec's collection. So, so glad that exec decided to part with this kind of stuff. I am still amazed that I have it.

And as you can see, the group is now complete. These are the four shirts from 1981 that feature the distinctive Journey Escape font tilted on its side: includes the Seattle shirt, the Dallas and Houston shows, and the Syracuse show. There is no way in hell you will ever see these four shirts together anywhere else.

No comments: